How can you have a bad day in any way shape or form if you start it with breakfast in bed? You can’t! Ladies, don’t think I’m writing this post just for you to make for your honey. Ohhhh no, feel free to drop a hint or two. But if you are feeling extra sweet and want to start Valentine’s Day out right, these three recipes are just as yummy as they are adorable. Don’t forget to snap a pic to prove to your mother you are capable of cooking. 😉
Just pick a Netflix show to binge-watch and relax until it’s time for your hot date.
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 small container fresh strawberries washed, trimmed and sliced
- powdered sugar *optional garnish
For the Sweetened Cream Cheese:
- 1/2 packagecream cheese(4oz.)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cupsugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Make the Sweetened Cream Cheese:
- With your hand mixer or stand mixer, mix together the cream cheese, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Prepare the strawberries: wash, trim and slice them.
Make the French Toast:
- In a large bowl mix together the eggs and milk. Once combine, pour into a glass pie plate for easy dipping.
- If using a sandwich maker, plug it in to let it warm up. (If using a skillet, let it warm up and lightly grease it with butter.)
- Assemble the bread slices with a spread of the sweetened cream cheese on the inside of each slice. Place the sliced strawberries on one half of the sandwich. With the the two pieces of bread together like a sandwich, dredge both sides of the bread into the egg mixture.
- Lightly spray the sandwich maker with nonstick cooking spray. Working two sandwiches at a time, add them to the preheated sandwich maker to cook.
- Serve with powdered sugar, syrup and more fresh strawberries.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (for greasing skillet & pancake mold)
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then beat in the buttermilk.
- Add the egg and buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk lightly.
- Whisk in the melted butter.
- Heat an electric skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Brush the skillet and the heart shaped molds with vegetable oil.
- Set the pancake mold on the skillet and pour in less than 1/4 cup of batter (depending on the size of your molds), spreading it out to fill the mold.
- Allow the pancakes to cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pancake molds and flip the pancakes over to finish cooking.
- Brush the skillet and the pancake molds before cooking more pancakes.
- *Substitute for buttermilk: Mix together 2 cups of milk with 2 tablespoons of white vinegar or lemon juice. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 can of store-bought cinnamon rolls with icing
- Preheat the oven according to the package directions on the canned cinnamon rolls you use. Separate the cinnamon rolls so you can start forming each one into the heart shape.
- Use your hands to press down at the top where the end of the roll rests and then squeeze the other side into a V shape to form the heart. Transfer them to a baking sheet and reinforce the shape so each one looks like a heart.
- Place the heart shaped cinnamon rolls in the oven and bake according to the directions on the can. Halfway through the baking time, remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and reinforce the heart shape with the handle of a spoon and/or carefully with your hands as they’ll be warm.
- Place the cinnamon rolls back in the oven to finish baking. Once baked, remove the heart shaped cinnamon rolls from the oven and drizzle with the included icing while still warm. Serve and enjoy!