Affirmations are positive statements that encourage positive thinking. They are meant to be encouraging and motivating. As cowgirls know, riding and any other event they do is 80% mental. Repeating affirmations to yourself can help to put your mind in the right place before competing!
You can include them before or during your warm-up! Ignore those negative thoughts and redirect them to more positive thoughts with affirmations. You will go in feeling more confident and ready to win!
Here are some cowgirls can repeat:
- I am confident in my riding ability and my horse’s ability.
- I am prepared for this moment.
- I am worthy and deserving of a good run.
- I am grateful to be here.
- I am creating greatness here today.
- I am blessed with my horse’s talent.
- I am riding to my fullest potential today.
- I am excited and happy to compete today.