Are you looking for a twist on traditional potato salad? Try making this ultimate Avocado Potato Salad loaded with bacon, eggs and of course avocados!
- 4 medium sized potatoes (any variety)
- 6 ounces of bacon (half a package) and I used turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (can substitute for lime)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Wash and cube the potatoes, boil them in water for about 20 minutes or until they are tender (do not over cook them). Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and let them cool off for 10 minutes or so (I usually stick them in the fridge).
- While the potatoes are boiling you can cook the bacon. Once it’s cooked, blot off any grease with a paper towel and chop it into pieces.
- Add potatoes, bacon, onion and eggs to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in yogurt, mashed avocados and lemon juice.
- Mix in pepper, salt, red pepper, and garlic powder.
- Give it a few good stirs and chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photos via Horses & Heels.