Motherhood most definitely changes your life. Some new moms struggle to get back in the saddle after their pregnancy. And yet others, jump back in like it’s nothing! It’s essential you don’t compare yourself though. Your journey back into the barn isn’t a competition. Riding is supposed to bring you joy!
Tips for Balancing Motherhood & Riding
- If you want it bad enough, then you’ll find a way. And hey, don’t feel guilty if you need to take a break from horses or riding. There’s a season of life for everything.
- Stay flexible in this journey. Be willing to change plans last minute and adapt.
- Learn to manage your time. Your plate will likely be very full no matter if your child is a toddler or middle schooler. It can be helpful to get a family calendar and jot down important dates.
- Lean on your support system. Riding will be so much easier if you have a supportive spouse or friend who is willing to babysit or encourage you.
- Laugh, don’t cry! At the end of the day, don’t let things bring you down. You must roll with the waves and do it with a smile on your face. Horses should be fun and enjoyable.
It’ll be a juggling act for sure, but when you can’t give up one or the other you just make it work. Where there’s a will, there’s a way! Eventually, you’ll be able to involve your child with your horses. That’ll be a game changer.