Looking for an easy spring appetizer that isn’t fried or filling? Try making these miniature sweet peppers stuffed with goat cheese.
- 8 miniature peppers, assorted colors.
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced (or one tablespoon minced from the jar)
- 2 tablespoons shredded basil
- Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, halve & clean out the insides of the peppers.
- Place them on a baking sheet & cook for ten minutes.
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese & garlic in a small bowl.
- Mix well until the cheeses are blended & smooth & creamy.
- Remove the peppers from the oven, allow to cool for a minute or two so that you can handle them without getting burned.
- Spoon the cheese mixture inside of the peppers.
- Place peppers back in the oven for another ten minutes.
- Garish with shredded basil, fresh or dried is fine.
Yields 16 pepper halves, double and triple the recipe for large gatherings.
Recipe and photo via Horses & Heels.