Hot, summer days are the perfect time for horse bathes! You can scrub your horse with an all-natural shampoo and make them shine. Not only will the cool water feel great on their skin, but you can remove dirt and sweat. There’s no need to buy expensive shampoos that have a million ingredients. Instead, you can make your own!
Thanks to the Savvy Horsewoman, you can create an all-natural and perfectly safe horse shampoo with just a few items. It works out to about $5 for 8 ounces. That’s cheaper than most standard shampoos.
All-Natural Shampoo Recipe
- 1 cup Dr. Bronners Liquid Soap
- 1 tsp. Jojoba Oil
- 1 tsp. Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp. Vegetable Glycerin
- 2 tsp. Witch Hazel
- Essential Oils (like lavender or rose)
- Start by mixing all of the ingredients in a container. It should have a lid.
- Wet your horse’s body, mane and tail.
- Apply the shampoo over each area, making sure it’s completely covered.
- Rinse well.
- Repeat, if necessary.
Bathing your horse is simple. It can be done in just a few simple steps!