As a rider or business owner, it can be beneficial to insure your horse. Your horse may be your best friend or even a successful breeding stallion. In either case, when an emergency arises you’ll want to be able to get them the care they need. Insurance can save the day!
Top Reason to Insure Your Horse
Without sounding like a sales pitch, insuring your horse can actually be a really smart decision.
- In the event of an emergency, you may be looking at very expensive bills. Insurance can cover part or all of these gigantic expenses. You can get your horse the help they need without worrying about the cost of it.
- The initial cost of some horses is a large investment. A well-trained, athletic horse can cost thousands of dollars. If your horse unfortunately passed away, could you afford to purchase another of their caliber? Insurance could make that possible.
- Horse professionals often take out insurance to protect their livelihood. For example- if a stallion becomes infertile than your income could be covered.
- Many take out policies on leased horses. Some owners require this as part of the lease agreement.
- There is also insurance for if your horse was to injury someone else or even their property. You’ll be protected!
There are all sorts of reasons someone may insure their horse. You should also look into insurance for your tack, trailer, and other barn equipment. It’s better to be safe than sorry! Check out Kay Cassell Equine Insurance or Broadstone for more information. They both specialize in equine insurance.