A lifelong equestrian, Warwick Schiller is a well-known horse trainer. He helps riders develop a relaxed and connected relationship with their horse. Along the way, you’ll also experience personal growth! Warwick offers an extensive video library and various courses for his members. Hopefully, some of his quotes will inspire you to get training!
Quotes by Warwick Schiller
- “If you are lucky enough to be riding a horse, then you are lucky enough.”
- “Don’t touch the rein unless you want something, and don’t ever forget you’re holding it.”
- “Doing groundwork isn’t about “groundwork” it’s about finding problems.”
- STTDP – Stick to the Damn Plan
- “What we can learn from horses about ourselves is much more important than what horses can learn from us about themselves.”
- “I think many people want intimate moments with their horses ALL the time which means they use the horse to get what they want. I provide intimate moments when the horse needs it, and the leadership when the horse needs it.”
- “You can learn new things at any time in your life if you are willing to be a beginner.”
- “The maneuver, such as the spin, is your horse’s job. It’s your job to sit in the middle and stay out of their way.”
- “If your horse can’t stand, walk, trot, and canter on a loose rein, then that means you are using contact for control and not for communication. This can lead to an anxious horse and dull responses to your aids.”
- “Take every behavior your horse displays as valuable information and not as a personal insult.”
- “If you can get your horse going forward, and get them relaxed, and have equal amounts of both, all of the other stuff will take care of itself.”
How inspirational! Warwick has some powerful and thoughtful ideas about horse training.